12/13/12

Needlework A-Go Go #30: 1967




A friend recently told me that he reads my posts every day, but when he sees there's a Needlework A-Go Go post he takes a rain check. I'm sure there's a set of you readers who feel the same way.

 I say, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. After all, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

This in essence is how Retrospace has managed to last so long.  One day it's needlework, the next it's comic books, the next it's album covers, etc.  The variety has kept my capricious nature in check.

So, bottom line is this: if hot babes in vintage clothing ain't your bag, I'll see you on the next post. But there's still plenty who lap them up. You'd think that people would have had enough of silly needlework posts. But I look around me and I see it isn't so. I just wanna fill the world with silly needlework posts.

And what's wrong with that? I'd like to know, cause here I go again.














9 comments:

  1. Mini skirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, love all your vintage fashion posts. Knitwear or otherwise. I think it's because I can't find any decent clothing for women now adays, so I like looking at clothing from back when designers knew what they were doing. When women's clothing looked like women's clothing and not clothing for men with tits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, "clothing for men with tits." Good one. My girlfriend had fallen into the style where all her jeans have crap all over them; studs, glitter, gaudy stitching, fake wear discoloration and rips. Basically everything they sell at The Buckle these days. The goofy thing is that they sell exactly the same shit to men. One guitarist in our band bought that crap. He looked like he was dressed by Tommy Lee's 6-year old daughter.

      I hope my girlfriend will get tired of that look soon and start buying stuff that has some class to it. Like anything in photo #1. I've always loved that color combo.

      Delete
  4. I read often but seldom comment. Today I couldn't resist, esp. now that Paul McCartney is singing in my head. I love your writing style and sense of humor. Thanks for making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like a "Project Runway '67" episode - what can you make with yarn , a few notions , knitting needle and way too much time on your hands....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't want vintage babes in almost see-through clothing? Maybe a female.

    Anyway, there's some of your posts that I skip also, but I keep sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #7--Queen Leia, mother of the Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the hell is wrong with the face of the woman in pic #9?

    ReplyDelete