2/19/11

Catalogs #9 : A 1970s Kesman Catalog

1970s Kesman Catalog

I came across another vintage catalog with some jaw dropping apparel from the seventies. I'm not familiar with Kesman - they seem to be something like a UK version of Frederick's of Hollywood.  All I know is they seem to be pretty proud of their "Seal of Quality" "Guarantee of Satisfaction" that's plastered on every page.

While doing a little research on Kesman's, I came across scans from this exact catalog over at Plaid Stallions (big surprise).  I decided to post my scans anyway - never can have too many godawful seventies catalogs.  Plaid Stallion made the acute observation that these clothes look like hookers on Buck Rogers.  I couldn't have said it better my self.


1970s Kesman Catalog

The blue one is called the Pandora: "Notice the attractive highwayman collar..."

1970s Kesman Catalog

I love how the outfit on the left is called the "Thelma".  I wonder if they have a "Wilona" and "Florida" dress as well.

As I said, Kesman's is similar to Frederick's of Hollywood, so be prepared for some seductive evening-wear (all stamped with the "Guarantee of Satisfaction", of course).  No nudity, so should be SFW.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Disco Queen fashion! Reminds me of "Boogie Nights".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad fashion?! I freakin' love this shit!! If I was a bit slimmer,I would dress like this AD NAUSEUM!!!! I do my best anyhows!
    "Hookers on Buck Rogers"?! WTF is wrong with that?! I grew up on this shit,and I still love it!!!
    O YEAH,I'm an old bitch,my ultimate style icon is Mrs Slocombe,and I'M PROUD!!!
    Great pix,BTW;great research....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord, the chick in the burgundy pantsuit in the first pic obliterated her cameltoe and turned it into a mooseknuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bras need to do more push-ups before they're ready for prime-time.
    That "Enchantingly" font made me dizzy.
    Kudos Gilligan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Far out man! This had me searching for one of these catalogs on Ebay! I'm diggin the older "Mrs. Robinson" type babes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As far as pantyhose? Two words:

    TOO HOT!

    The only time I'll wear them is for weddings or funerals, and even then, only if it's not in the middle of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, who's satisfaction are the referring to?? Most likely a man's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so weird I just got a bundle of dresses for my shop including "Almira", I typed in Kesman Dress into Google and the first result I got was you with the dress staring at me!! But despite some of the decidedly ropey 1970s fashion I do love this dress! Janine

    ReplyDelete